Strategic Workshop: Software-defined WAN Workshop
The new organization must adapt to digitization to be effective and remain competitive. How do you deliver digital services to Branch Offices? This workshop explores Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN), one of the critical foundations, including:
- Latest WAN market and technology trends
- Review requirements for an open WAN architecture
- How SD-WANs differ from traditional WANs
Today, 90 percent of most organizations’ revenue is attained at the branch office, where 80 percent of customer facing employees work and create value. Therefore, it is essential that the organization has a modern WAN platform for their branch offices that delivers on digital services. This workshop explores the requirements, including:
- Scalability: Architect a scalable WAN architecture
- Transport Independence: Leverage high speed bandwidth across multiple transports such as MPLS, Internet, 3G/4G LTE/lTE, etc., with the right security and quality of service (QoS)
- Path Control: Optimally utilize multiple WAN paths for resilience and bandwidth efficiency
- Applications: Optimize the performance of applications to maximize WAN bandwidth and provide great user experience
- Zero Touch Deployment: Speed the deployment of sites by remotely provisioning new equipment and services
- Orchestration: Automate management and orchestration of services to optimize staff time and total cost of ownership
- Programmability: Extend the WAN with software defined and programming extensions via APIs
- Flexibility: Choosing whether on-premise or cloud-based deployments are best suited to the organization’s policies and processes
TelcoLynx can help customers compare and contrast approaches by different SD-WAN vendors (including Cisco, Meraki, Viptela, Glue, and others) in order to make the right technology choices, including evaluation of the different orchestration and automation techniques for our customers.
This workshop gives your organization the opportunity to better understand the considerations for building a SD-WAN architecture that can deliver the digital services your organization will need to survive in the digitization era.